Full-Time Senior Systems Engineer – Linux
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER – LINUX
The Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for managing all aspects of configuring, monitoring, maintaining, and troubleshooting the production servers and handling requests and problem escalations from Service Desk and other departments. The engineer determines the severity of issues (triage), prioritizes issues, performs diagnosis of system and software components to identify root cause, and takes action or recommends corrective action for resolution.
The engineer will work with other networks, database, software & quality engineering teams and technical product managers and vendors to clearly stat
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the setup, design and administration of Red Hat, CentOS and Ubuntu Servers.
- Identify opportunities to create and deploy automation frameworks and methodologies
- Systems monitoring & performance tuning.
- Respond to System alerts from monitoring systems in a timely manner
- On Call Support of servers & flexibility of hours on occasion for releases, upgrades, and maintenance windows.
- Administrate DNS & LDAP infrastructure.
- Diagnose and rectify OS and application configuration problems.
- Experience with high availability and disaster recovery solutions and tools including clustering, load balancing, etc
- Ensure change management processes, incident and problem management processes are followed
- Apply patches and upgrades on Unix/Linux systems as needed
- Working on 24*5 shift rotation
- Working with counterparts in other global teams
- Ability to learn and absorb new technologies and skills faster
- 24×7 Availability in case of emergencies
- 4+ Years of Linux/Unix Administration Experience.
- Strong proficiency with mainstream Linux distributions, such as Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu
- Experience using Bash to automate repeatable work Experience with Security best practices and remediation.
- Sound knowledge on network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, HTTP, FTP.
- Experience on working with multiple cloud providers such as AWS, vCloud Director and OpenStack.
- Have administrated of Apache HTTP web server, Tomcat and Oracle/BEA Web Logic
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Experience on Linux Operating System hardening mechanisms.
- Should have very good verbal & written communication skills.
- Should be able to work independently with minimum supervision from onsite locations.
- Should be willing to work on extended and irregular hours when required.
- Strong self-starter, motivated to help TEAM in their deliverables
- Should be able to carry out expected tasks without supervision
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Right attitude, a passion for customer service and good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to make sound decisions in critical situations
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or any other equivalent qualification.
- RHCE (Redhat Certified Systems Engineer)
- Any Cloud related certifications would be an added advantage.
How to ApplyApply Here : https://pearson.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=1615110
434 total views, 1 today