Full-Time Mechanical Technician
• Minimum work experience seven years as an Mechanical Technician in a Petrochemical, Oil & Gas plant.
• Ability to perform work normally performed by this craft independently.
• Ethylene/Polyethylene plant experience will be an added advantage.
Job Description (but not limited to):
• Ability to read drawings and instructions, to install/remove, overhaul rotating equipment or parts.
• Ability to set, align and install/remove rotating equipment or parts.
• Ability to troubleshoot and analyze equipment problems, and to request required spare parts.
• Ability to overhaul and repair rotating equipment i.e. compressors, blowers, pumps and fans, mixers, mechanical seals etc.
• Carryout day to day plant maintenance work independently.
• Implement mechanical preventive maintenance, follow established procedures and record all results.
• Carry out maintenance jobs on static equipment, valves, pipelines, exchangers, vessels, columns etc.
• Ability to drive forklifts as per Q-Chem regulations is preferred.
• In addition to his normal jobs, he should assist and participate in other maintenance activities.
• Will be subject to in-house training on safety, quality improvement to participate in Q-Chem continuous improvement.
• Understands and apply plant safety standards and maintenance procedures while performing work.
• Knowledge of materials commonly used in chemical service:
Pipes : Size, schedule and metallurgy
Valves : Size, type, trim and metallurgy
Gaskets : Size, type, and installation
Fittings : Sizes, rating and type
• Reading of drawings and instructions and layout/installation of piping.
• Operate workshop mechanical equip i.e. grinding machine, power saw, etc.
How to Applygayashan@pgrecruitment.com
214 total views, 1 today