Full-Time Looking for Diagnostic Accountant
About Copal Amba
Copal Amba is the leading provider of offshore research and analytics services to the global financial and corporate sectors. We have consistently been ranked #1 in our space by multiple independent customer satisfaction surveys. Our clients include leading bulge-bracket financial institutions, Fortune 100 corporations, mid-tier companies, boutique investment banks, and funds.
We support over 200 institutional clients through our team of 2,400 highly proficient analysts. Our 9 delivery centres are located close to our clients and in proximity to scalable talent pools. Our clients have saved over USD1.5 billion over the past 11 years by using our services to enhance front-office efficiency.
Copal Amba is a Moody’s Analytics Company.
Please visit our website for more details: www.copalamba.com
Due to the rapid expansion of our business, we are looking for an individual with personal drive, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, have a flair for numbers, possess extraordinary technical accounting and IFRS skills, and are interested in working with a global team. You will be given the opportunity to enhance your knowledge of the finance industry and accounting standards, and will also stand to benefit from our in-house training programs.
The role would involve the following:
- Studying annual reports and other publicly available information on companies, and identifying any material issues/concerns and deviations from relevant local and international accounting standards
- Identifying instances where financial statements do not record the economic substance of a transaction or possess inaccurate accounting, or where the accounting treatment may be misused to change the outlook of the results
- Studying companies’ corporate governance practices and comparing these with accepted practices
- Performing competitor analyses
- Entering historical annual report information on Excel spreadsheets and performing analyses (analytical review procedures) to identify issues in financial statements
- Interpreting the impact of the identified issues on companies’ earnings and value
- Writing concise reports on findings and conclusions
- An ACCA or CA Associate Member ( with a distinction in accounting and audit subjects)
- A minimum three years of relevant work experience
- Strong technical knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Excellent analytical and number crunching skills, and conceptual thinking ability
- Working experience in IFRS would be a distinct advantage
- Flawless communication skills in written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and be a team player
Absolute attention to details and meeting of deadlines
How to ApplyIf you are confident that you have a resume that would be of interest to us, please forward it to email@example.com, stating “Diagnostic Accountant/<your name>” as the subject line.
535 total views, 1 today