This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
16 Feb 2016
Full-Time Technical Specialist – Front End
- Partnering with content designers and architects to ensure quality and accuracy of styled content.
- Working closely with content and product teams to design and implement new features and effective user interfaces.
- Tackling challenging technical issues (e.g. usability, performance, responsiveness).
- Participating in planning meetings, estimating scope of work, and maintaining project status using Agile project tracking tools.
- Following Agile, ATDD, and best practice methodologies in all project development activities.
- Trouble-shooting, debugging, and resolving programming defects and errors.
- Delivering products that meet business goals and financial objectives.
- Working in a global team environment.
- Researching new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and possibility of using their capabilities within our products and platforms.
- Enjoying the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of students and their instructors.
- Computer Science B.S / M.S. or equivalent with strong fundamentals and problem solving skills (e.g. data structures, computational algorithms, and operating systems)
- At least 7 years of experience building elegant and responsive dynamic Web interfaces
- Practical experience with third party API integration
- Strong knowledge of JQuery, GWT, JSON/JSONP, and XML
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP, and API design for extensibility and portability
- Experience with regular expressions
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production ready software
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Hands-on experience with digital content management platforms and the ePub3 standard
- Proper use of graphics, audio, video, and animation within UI Design Patterns
- Experience with scripting (e.g. PHP, Python)
- Deep understanding of WebSockets
- Prior experience working in the eLearning industry is a plus
- Accomplished team player with a desire to work hard and have fun
How to ApplyTo Apply:http://pearsonlankavacancies.peopleshr.com/
234 total views, 2 today