Full-Time Software Quality Engineer
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. We are now transforming Pearson to accelerate our activity in digital learning, education services and emerging markets. This will enable us to make a lasting impact in helping to solve some of the most important challenges in global education.
Pearson Lanka is currently seeking a Senior Software Quality Engineer and will be responsible for
- Overall Pearson Lanka testing requirements including down time testing, All hands testing Chaos testing and Release Train Automation test execution.
- Awareness of release process, all SQE artifacts, Tools and methodologies in the organization
- Should be able to understand requirements clearly & relationships of new requirements to existing functionality from Business perspective.
- Ability to understand requirement and technical reference documents, charts, diagrams without a doubt and able to review and escalate any issues
- Responsible for implementing test scenarios and test cases based on designed provided and contribute test designing effort. peer reviewing QA artifacts such as test cases and test scenarios to ensure coverage and guidelines
- Ability to design and develop test strategies and review them for better quality
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot and differentiate defects and requirement without a doubt
- Responsible for on time delivery and timely escalations/update of risks, issues, status and exemptions to leadership
- Support the Project team on Automation or Performance testing by creating and executing automation/performance scripts.
- BSc in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 2 years in QA Engineer designation and role.
- Thorough knowledge on Software Quality Assurance and testing.
- Good knowledge in software development and the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent Analytical skills, troubleshooting and resolution skills.
- Ability to self-learn and grasp the knowledge quickly.
- Good understanding in Object oriented concepts and simple SQL Queries.
- Basic Knowledge in at least one software development tool
- Ability to express and articulate the subject clearly & accurately
- Should have an aptitude in reconciling business requirements with testing requirements with help of other stakeholders.
- Good understanding and hands on experience with minimum of one Automation or performance test tool.
- Good knowledge in Agile/Scrum.
- Should have good time management skills and optimistic attitude.
- Should have coordination, and estimation skills
Pearson’s corporate values are Brave; Imaginative; Decent and Accountable. It is crucial that these values resonate with you and you are able to embody these values. You will be naturally positive, adaptable, proactive, organized and comfortable operating in a changing and ambiguous environment.
- In exchange for your hard work you will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package, potential eligibility for an annual bonus, supportive peers and management team, opportunities to participate in sporting and social events, career development, training programs and other benefits. Other benefits include transportation services, potential eligibility for Pearson Shares (save for shares scheme), and OPD / Insurance / Medical.
How to ApplyPlease apply by submitting a CV and cover letter and please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted via phone. Apply Here: https://pearson.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=1707841
67 total views, 1 today