Full-Time Service Desk Analyst
·Working in a 24×7 OCC environment, the Service Desk Engineer is responsible for working with internal and external engineering teams to rapidly resolve major and minor incidents.
·The Service Desk Engineer ensures day-to-day service delivery problems are resolved and works on special projects as assigned.
·Administration-duties that tend to be standard protocol/scripted procedures used to document volume/issues and provide the most basic user service.
·Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to calls to the Network Operations Center. Logs all customer questions and problems, and tracks them through resolution.
·Provide enterprise monitoring support by using a pre-determined set of platform monitors and software filters.
·Gathers metrics for regular reports and summaries.
·Conduct assigned system maintenance
·Maintains internal and external availability and event reporting
·Problem resolution- autonomously uses high-level technical, customer service, problem-solving and decision-making skills to handle non-routine/scripted issues.
·Provides tier 1 support for all servers and systems in the production SaaS environment.
·Works closely with tier 2 and 3 support teams to resolve events and complete projects
·Assists Incident Management team during and after events to gather information and troubleshoot incident root cause.
·Troubleshoots web site access and configuration issues
· Troubleshoots all areas of web servers including accessibility, configuration, software and hardware
· Analyzes web server performance and works with tier 2 and tier 3 support teams to do performance tuning
· Manages and maintains application and systems monitors in the production SaaS environment.
· Develops scripts for automation tasks and process improvement
· Supports and maintains third party applications
· Researches, evaluates and implements new technical tools
· Other duties as assigned.
Key Technical Competencies
– Excellent communications and team skills.
– Positive attitude in stressful situations.
– Focuses on customer satisfaction as critical goal; regularly seeks input and feedback.
– Can effectively manage given tasks and projects in a timely and efficient manner.
– Demonstrates follow-through until desired results are achieved.
– Handles, plans and effectively delivers routine projects.
– General server hardware knowledge.
– Experience with Windows, Linux, networking, WAN and virtualization technologies.
– Windows experience in OS 2003, 2008, 7, XP, Vista, IIS administration, TCP/IP, batch scripting.
– Linux experience in OS RedHat, Ubuntu, web server administration with Apache and Tomcat, shell scripting.
– MCP+I (Microsoft Certified Professional + Internet) is highly preferred
– MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) is preferred
– RHCSA (Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator) is a plus
– CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administration) is a plus
– ITIL (Information Technology Information Library Certification) is a plus
Education, Qualifications and background
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent work experience of 2 to 4 years in information systems.
– Minimum of 2 to 4 years’ experience in Microsoft based systems, including Active Directory, or Linux based systems, internet web farms and hosting.
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience understanding and working with network functions.
How to ApplyPlease click the ink to apply - http://pearson-technology.jobs/jobs/?location=Sri+Lanka
300 total views, 1 today