Full-Time Senior Software Quality Engineer / Software Quality Engineer
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. We are now transforming Pearson to accelerate our activity in digital learning, education services and emerging markets. This will enable us to make a lasting impact in helping to solve some of the most important challenges in global education.
Pearson Lanka is currently seeking a Senior Software Quality Engineer, as the successful candidate you will possess thorough knowledge in Software Quality Assurance and testing.
Based in Orion City, Colombo, you should have good knowledge of Automation, performance tools, architecture, framework, agile development practice, technologies used and QA activities in the organization.
We’re proud of our people – their drive, talent and enthusiasm. Here we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits. We’re passionate about our mission to help others reach their full potential through learning and education and this passion demands we only hire the very best.
- BSc in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 2 years in QA Engineer designation and role.
- Good knowledge in software development and the software development lifecycle.
- Prior exposure to test automation using selenium is preferred.
- Excellent Analytical skills, troubleshooting and resolution skills.
- Ability to self-learn and grasp the knowledge quickly.
- Good understanding in Object oriented concepts and simple SQL Queries.
- Basic Knowledge in at least one software development tool.
- Ability to express and articulate the subject clearly & accurately.
- Ability to carry the right information & right people.
- Should have an aptitude in reconciling business requirements with testing requirements with help of other stakeholders.
- Good understanding and hands on experience with minimum of one Automation or performance test tool.
- Good knowledge in Agile/Scrum.
- Should have good time management skills and optimistic attitude.
- Should have coordination, and estimation skills.
· Ability to design and develop test strategies and review them for better quality
How to Apply
Pearson’s corporate values are Brave; Imaginative; Decent and Accountable. It is crucial that these values resonate with you and you are able to embody these values. You will be naturally positive, adaptable, proactive, organized and comfortable operating in a changing and ambiguous environment. In exchange for your hard work you will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package, potential eligibility for an annual bonus, supportive peers and management team, opportunities to participate in sporting and social events, career development, training programs and other benefits. Other benefits include transportation services, potential eligibility for Pearson Shares (save for shares scheme), and OPD / Insurance / Medical. Please apply by submitting a CV and cover letter and please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted via phone Please click the link to apply : https://pearson.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=1708695
142 total views, 2 today