At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. We are now transforming Pearson to accelerate our activity in digital learning, education services and emerging markets. This will enable us to make a lasting impact in helping to solve some of the most important challenges in global education.
Pearson Lanka is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to play a key role in our Engineering team. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for developing complex, multi-tiered and distributed web based software applications.
Based in Orion City, Colombo, you will work with a variety of technologies in an AGILE environment and will have a strong focus on engineering best practices, incremental delivery, continuous improvement in integration and test driven development.
We’re proud of our people – their drive, talent and enthusiasm. Here we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits. We’re passionate about our mission to help others reach their full potential through learning and education and this passion demands we only hire the very best.
- Substantial experience in software engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computing, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent.
- The desire to learn and continuously improve on the product quality, performance and other non- functional requirements.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with prompt and professionalism to the teams across multiple geographies and time zones.
- Strong technical skills and hands-on experience in .NET and related tools & technologies including open source front-end & server side technologies.
- Hands on experience on RDBMS technologies and understanding of NoSQL and Big Data architecture.
- Experience and knowledge on OOP, Analysis & Design, Architectural & Design Patterns, Unit Testing and development of highly scalable web applications.
- Experience in Agile software development practices such as SCRUM & TDD / ATDD.
Pearson’s corporate values are Brave; Imaginative; Decent and Accountable. It is crucial that these values resonate with you and you are able to embody these values. You will be naturally positive,adaptable, proactive, organized and comfortable operating in a changing and ambiguous environment
How to Apply
In exchange for your hard work you will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package, potential eligibility for an annual bonus, supportive peers and management team, opportunities to participate in sporting and social events, career development, training programs and other benefits. Other benefits include transportation services, potential eligibility for Pearson Shares (save for shares scheme), and OPD / Insurance / Medical.
Please apply by submitting a CV and cover letter and please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted via phone.
Apply Here:- https://pearson.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=1616406
538 total views, 4 today