Full-Time Senior Platform Specialist – Backup and DR
99X Services (Pvt) Ltd is an IT Services company of international repute, with offices in Sri Lanka and Norway. We provide a variety of managed IT services to the European market including Infrastructure Management and Consultancy, Application Services and Managed Security Services. 99X has built a reputation for being a high quality and reliable IT services company among our customers.
Your primary responsibility will be operating and maintaining the backup and recovery systems in an enterprise environment providing support for regular enterprise backup and restore services. Further, you will be responsible for coordination and establishment of disaster recovery programs and business continuity planning across the enterprise environment. You will be expected to work within multiple functional domains that will include backup and recovery, application failover, storage, backup monitoring and incident response.
The ideal candidate should be a customer centric individual with the ability to take initiatives for service improvement and development. He / She should be willing to travel overseas at short notice.
- Primary responsibility for 99X enterprise data backup and restore platforms.
- Primary accountability for Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning for IT assets and resources.
- Working with application owners to resolve any issues and address any break/fix problems related to backups/recovery.
- Analyze performance issues and storage usage patterns to maintain adequate capacity for all storage and backup solution.
- Coordinate with technical teams to develop and implement business continuity technology solutions and processors.
- Work with internal compliance/audit teams to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery processes meet and required compliance levels.
- Support and coordinate DR/BC activities within the corporate and enterprise environment including establishment of disaster recovery plans, testing methodologies, research, recommend and implementation of new/emerging technologies.
- Provide technological insights and process improvements to drive improvements in the existing DR systems and adaption of new systems.
- Creating and maintaining a knowledgebase based on common problems and resolutions.
You will need to demonstrate the following skills and traits:
- Proven skills with enterprise grade backup solutions such as EMC Networker, EMC Data Domain and cloud backup solutions.
- Good understanding of Virtual Platforms, Virtual Backups and Archiving.
- Experience and solid grasp of systems administration processes and procedures for both NAS and SAN environments.
- High level of understanding of Windows and Linux server platforms, Databases and Networking.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as Azure and AWS.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostics (Root Cause Analysis) skills.
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Excellent understanding of backup/data protection and data lifecycle management.
- Strong scripting skills using shell, powershell and batch.
- Ability to take initiatives with a high sense of ownership.
- Ability to work in cross-border teams effectively with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills (English).
- More than 6 years of related industry experience as a backup engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent qualification.
- Proven expertise in EMC Networker or similar enterprise grade backup solutions.
- Experience with disaster recovery scenarios and methods.
- Experience with Hyper-Convergence Technologies (VMWare, Citrix, Hyper-V, etc.).
- 4+ years of experience in Windows/Linux administration is an added advantage.
- Industry certificates in EMC Networker, Symantec Backup Exec, etc.
How to ApplyThis is a great opportunity to join a band of dedicated professionals and venture into a rewarding career and receive a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development along with other fringe benefits. If you are confident that you are the ideal candidate for this position, e-mail your resume with a recent photo and two non-related referees, to email@example.com within 14 days of this advertisement, stating “Senior Platform Specialist - Backup” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
75 total views, 1 today