Full-Time Senior Database Administrator
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. We are now transforming Pearson to accelerate our activity in digital learning, education services and emerging markets. This will enable us to make a lasting impact in helping to solve some of the most important challenges in global education.
Pearson Lanka is currently seeking a Senior Database Administrator to install and configure Oracle DB servers. As the successful candidate you will need to monitor jobs and alerts and carry out corrective tasks as well as perform backups and restores. You will also apply updates and upgrades to production database and staging environments and ensure that existing installations are monitored and fine-tuned for better performance.
Based in Orion City, Colombo, you will closely work with the Development teams to play the role of trusted advisor on all database related work.
We’re proud of our people – their drive, talent and enthusiasm. Here we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits. We’re passionate about our mission to help others reach their full potential through learning and education and this passion demands we only hire the very best.
· Depth knowledge in Oracle DBA administration activities.
· Proficient in OOP concepts.
· Proficient in SQL.
· Good Knowledge in writing Stored Procedures.
· Good Knowledge in relational database design.
· Proficient in Linux and shell scripting’s.
· Preference given to (OCP) Oracle certified professionals.
· RAC Expert (OCE) Oracle certified expert is added advantage.
How to Apply
63 total views, 1 today