Full-Time Senior Analyst – Commodities
Copal Amba is the leading provider of offshore research and analytics services to the global financial and corporate sectors. We have consistently been ranked #1 in our space by multiple independent customer satisfaction surveys. Our clients include leading bulge-bracket financial institutions, Fortune 100 corporations, mid-tier companies, boutique investment banks, and funds.
We support over 200 institutional clients through our team of 2,400 highly proficient analysts. Our 9 delivery centres are located close to our clients and to scalable talent pools. Our clients have saved over USD1.5bn over the past 11 years by using our services to enhance front‑office efficiency.
Copal Amba is a Moody’s Analytics company.
Please visit our website for more details: www.copalamba.com
Owing to the rapid expansion of our business, we are looking for ambitious individuals with personal drive, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills to join our Quantitative Services team. Successful applicants will be designated Associate Vice President/Analyst depending on their experience and/or level of skill/aptitude.
The role would involve the following:
- Possess a strong background in covering commodities in general, with a focus on
- crude oil/refined products/natural gas and
- base metals (most importantly copper and aluminum)
- Be able to provide research support from a fundamental (physical) and market (financial) perspective on
- supply and demand/inventories,
- (physical/financial) trade flows/speculative flows (futures longs/shorts/open interest),
- marginal cost of production, and
- forward curve analysis (contango/backwardation), storage plays
- Know how to develop and present independent views/calls on market direction and prices
- commodity price forecasting (financial modeling)
- Take ownership of the coverage strategy and publication schedule for the coverage universe
- Participate in client presentations and calls with traders
- A minimum of three years’ prior work experience in a global team, including experience dealing with traders and strategy teams. Experience in research at a brokerage firm will be an added advantage
- A Master’s or bachelors’ degree in Economics, International Business.A full/part qualification in CFA is preferred
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Absolute attention to detail
- A strong work ethic
- Proficiency in MS Advanced Excel
- The ability to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure
How to Apply
If you are confident that you meet the above qualifications, please forward your CV, along with a short note highlighting how you meet the above requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying Senior Analyst - Commodities/(your name) as the subject line.
199 total views, 1 today