Full-Time Operations Manager – Data Center/Call Center/Help Desk – Contract Basis
Operations Manager – Data Center/Call Center/Help Desk – Contract Basis
N-Able (Pvt) Ltd is a 100% owned subsidiary of Hemas Holdings PLC, In a short period six years, N*able’s position in the market has strengthened significantly. Today, large enterprises and telecom operators, see us as an outstanding information and communications solutions provider. Proof of this estimation comes from two factors: the number of large-sized projects awarded to us, and customers’ readiness to pay significantly higher prices for our services than our competitors’.
The business is comprised of a dedicated team of top ICT industry veterans in the country. We have come together with a shared vision of helping our customers to enable technologies as a strategic business tool to differentiate themselves from their competitors.
Data Center Operations Manager responsible for the total operation of a datacenter and a disaster recovery site having a total of about 6 racks in terms of both technical aspects and people management. Team of more than 15 personal both engineering and non-engineering need to be managed for a 24×7 operation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administers and manages the entire operation, team and ensures commitments are met as per defined Service level Agreements (SLA’s) and Service Level Objectives (SLO’s).
- Point of Contact for escalations around business critical application incidents.
- Coaches team on performance and professional issues. Motivates team to achieve efficiency and productivity.
- Conducts performance appraisals, interviews and discipline/documentation, as needed.
- Coordinates the installation and maintenance of all Data Center hardware with team and external vendors.
- Has accountability for monitoring, detecting and managing incidents.
- Monitors and reports on capacity and operational performance for the Data Center and Operations environment per Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Ensures the facility is operated in adherence with security, environmental and IT infrastructure policies to ensure efficient service operations.
- Supports, coordinates, plans and/or oversees Data Center shutdown, startup and maintenance activities.
- Partners with the employer to ensure integration of Facilities and Operations requirements, plans, changes, and operation.
- Maintains vendor and contractor relationships to ensure Data Center needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Manages budgets in order to provide cost effective services.
- Participates in the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and best practices for Data Center Operations, including but not limited to capacity planning, lights out operations, Disaster Recovery/Business continuity Planning ((DR/BCP), media management, asset inventory management, system startup/shutdown and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting.
- Maintains audit and compliance requirements.
- Response to changing circumstances during system outages and determination of timely escalation and resolution path
- Opening and closing of incident, problem and change management tickets
- Minimum 5 years related work experience in enterprise Information technology (IT) environments with a minimum of 3 years managing a 24/7 enterprise Data Center and Operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant related work experience.
- One or more vendor certifications and/or training and/or competencies (CISCO, Microsoft, ITIL, EMC, Checkpoint, IBM, VMWare)
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise mid-range, client server and network systems infrastructure.
- Experience with hardware life cycle asset management
- In-depth knowledge of incident, problem and change management systems and procedures.
- Adept skills in leadership, decision making, communication, team building, process development and operational management
- Understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) guidelines and enterprise change control procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, influence others and obtain results through partnering and collaboration
- Must demonstrate strategic thinking skills and maturity in addressing technical and process problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within IT
- Ability to mentor and motivate others
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
- Familiarity with most of the following Data Center systems, software tools and operating systems; Monitoring tools:
- Computer Associates (CA) Spectrum & Helpdesk, VMware, Cisco Nexus 1000v, MS Windows 2012, SQL Server, MS Dynamics CRM, EMC Networker, Cisco UCS 5108 blade servers, Cisco C-series UCS servers, EMC VNX 5400 SAN, EMC Recover point, IBM Storage 3576, IBM TS3310 tape library, Cisco ASA 5525-X, Cisco ISE, Cisco routers and switches, Checkpoint 4800, Bluecoat SG900-30, Bluecoat AV1400, Cisco Callmanager BE6000, Cisco UCCX Callcenter Express, Verba call recording.
Our Differentiated Approach
- People and skills
- What differentiates N*able in the market is out ability to identify emerging technologies that have sizable business opportunities and our readiness to make investments to build services capability around these technologies.
- As a result of the investments we are ready to make in emerging technologies and the top engineering skills we possess, global vendors such as IBM, Microsoft, Oracle and emerging partners like Schneider, iCloud and Ericsson, look up to us to form strategic partnerships for their own growth in both in SL and in the region.
- Leadership and Organization Culture
- Leadership encourages, freedom of thinking and decision making, innovation, taking risks and open communication. This lends itself to build in cohesive team that shares the company’s vision and engages the team. An engage team will underpin future growth and success of N*able
What we Offer:
The selected candidate will be mentored and trained by veteran experts. We offer flexible work practices and freedom to exercise judgment and to come up with innovative ideas to develop the business. An attractive package, local and global learning and development opportunities, exposure to global partners/vendors are available for the right candidate.
How to ApplySend you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, please mention “Operations Manager – Data Center/Call Center/Help Desk” on the subject of the email application.
386 total views, 1 today