Full-Time Architect – DevOps
About the job
Maximizing efficiency, increasing quality and reducing time to market through automation, agile methodologies and enterprise collaboration is our current mission. We are building an ecosystem of shared enterprise grade core DevOps enabled tools, infrastructure, best practices and processes to grow and continuously improve as the world around us changes to help us fulfill our mission.
Does that sound like a challenge you want to be a part of? If so, we are looking for a new member to join our global team to help us push our systems, processes & culture to the next level.
Primary responsibilities and skills include the following areas:
- A strong desire to learn new things and continually improve yourself and your team with a “can do anything” mentality
- You live to experiment, test, fail fast, and learn as you go, we are not looking for a cookie cutter solution to “the DevOps”
- Working with the DevOps Community to implement a Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) environment that will work in our global & extremely complex environment
- Becoming a “DevOps Champion” to help push the required culture, technology and process changes throughout the organization
- Driving the strategy, vision and execution of our implementation of a next generation DevOps & CI / CD based environment
- Quickly translating a real world problem into a working POC that can be handed off to an engineering team for full implementation with your oversight
- 4 year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, Bachelor of Science preferred and 10+ years of professional work experience, master’s degree is preferred or relevant work experience.
- English as a business language
- Experiencing implementing key “DevOps technologies” in a large enterprise – Jenkins, Chef / Puppet, PaaS, CI, automated testing, hybrid cloud, CMP, mock services, SonarQube, Selenium, A/B deployments, Vault, Console, Git, Kubernetes, Docker, ELKK Stack (extra points if you know what the second “K” is for) and AWS are all going to be a big part of our world. The more experience you have with these tools, or something similar, the more we want to talk to you
- Appreciation of commercial and open source tools and appropriate usage models
- Problem solving skills, willingness to learn new technologies
- An appreciation of the need to consider aspects beyond the technical delivery of the service such as design/architecture, expectation management, relationship building and the support wrapper.
- An individual who seeks to gain an understanding of an entire system, who understands that the system can be constantly improved by identifying the bottlenecks and improving the feedback loops so that the correct actions can be taken. A system thinker.
- Working with management to set, drive and present strategic vision for the department and the organization.
- Demonstrates the ability to remain calm under pressure in business impacting situations
- Understanding of DevOps and measurements of maturity
- Ability to work with product managers, business partners and stakeholders to understand and help build short term and long term team goals and objectives
- A keen ability to translate a vision into reality by partnering with key stakeholders to gain buy in and engineers to build tools & processes
Nice to Have Skills:
- Object oriented, pattern based enterprise development experience.
- Delivery focused with the ability to interact directly with internal customers as a service provider
- Experience of using Service Now or similar incident and change tracking tools
- Core and demonstrable experience in leveraging and supporting:
- Cloud Architecture (operationalization Cloud/Non-Cloud)
- CI/Infra Automation (ie: Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant)
- Cloud/Remote computing services (ie: AWS, VMWare, Rackspace, Azure)
- Monitoring (ie: Zabbix, Gomex, AppD, NewRelic, MSS, Logstash, ELK Stack, Grafana)
- Database (ie: SQL (Oracle, Postgress, SQLServer, MySQL), NoSQL(Mongo, Cassandra, RIAK))
- SCM (ie: Git, GitHub, Stash, SVN)
- Operating Systems (ie: Linux, Unix, Windows Server)
- Agile tools (ie: Jira, Wiki’s, Confluence Suite)
- Networking and Security (F5, HAProxy, CiscoCSM, SecOps)
How to ApplyPlease apply through this link : http://pearsonlankavacancies.peopleshr.com/ApplicationForm.aspx?PRF_ID=000160&digest=CKAbNW1au9qkQoTXh0iSIQ
414 total views, 2 today